Our mission is to acknowledge & nurture our culture within the community for the benefit of our tamariki and the wider community.
Our Aims are to;
- Conduct classes in Maori language (Te reo) outside of day school hours
- Teach school aged children the culture of their parents and grandparents
- Encourage other school aged, children to learn the language and culture of people from other countries who live in Australia
- Develop an interest in students in Maori literature
- Co-operate with and assist other organisations which promote multiculturalism
The Maori Culture Community of Geelong come together once a fortnight for 5 hours to teach, share and learn their culture and grow their own garden with native plants at Diversitat Northern Community Hub Garden.