Mema Whanau (Associate Member):
A Mema Whanau is considered an active or non-active member of the Association. An active Mema Whanau similar to Mema Kura physically attends and/or participates in the Association activities however does not have children enrolled in the school. A non-active Mema Whanau is someone who does not physically attend and/or participates in the Association activities or have children in the school (unless the children are registered by another legal guardian). The purpose of a Mema Whanau membership is to allow Whanau and Friends from near or far to be able to contribute directly to the Association in support of Moko/Tamariki/Whanau.
Membership is free.
- Access to all roopu activities and organised events;
- Provided with regular communications and panui;
- Eligibility to attend and participate in all meetings held by the Maori Culture Community of Geelong Inc however does not have the right to Vote;
- Allows members to scrutinise all public records;
- Your right to participate equally in our community.